Aquatic Microbial and Molecular Ecology
- Theoretical and practical training in biogeochemistry and molecular techniques with emphasis on the ecology of marine microbial systems.
- The course includes 22 lectures, 2 excursions, 7 practical exercises (~ 50 hours in the laboratory) and theoretical discussions in study groups. To pass the course a report must be completed and approved by the teaching team.
- Prokaryote diversity, population dynamics and energetics.
- Carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, iron, manganese, phosphorus biogeochemistry.
- Molecular techniques and bioinformatics.
- 19 to 31 of August, 2018 (both days inclusive)
- Canfield, D.E., Kristensen, E. & Thamdrup, B. (2005): Aquatic Geomicrobiology. Elsevier Academic Press, Amsterdam and a laboratory compendium.
Teacher and contact persons:
- Ronnie N. Glud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexander H. Treusch (email@example.com)
- Bo Thamdrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don E Canfield (Dec@biology.sdu.dk)
- ~1500 euro including accommodation and breakfast
- ~1000 euro excluding accommodation and breakfast
(no fee for SDU students, except for ~500 euro covering accommodation and food, if needed). Prices may be slightly adjusted depending on final arrangement on lodging and food.
For registration and more information please visit the course website: http://www.sdu.dk/AquaticMicrobialMolecularEcology