The course is a two year Master programme and gives 120 ECTS in total.
The course is a new study line in Extreme Engineering at the Master of Science of Civil Engineering at DTU with focus on extreme environment engineering. The course includes a semsester in Greenland at ARTEK, Sisimiut.
The course includes subjects as:
- How to design foundations, buildings and infrastructure constructions for extreme environments and loads
- How to design building envelopes and indoor climate for extreme and changing climate conditions
- How to specify environmental systems for isolated-island operation
- How to work with planning in sparsely populated areas with limited infrastructure
- How to manage construction projects including logistics in remote areas