Joint Arctic Command (JACO) offers transport opportunities for scientists / scientific purposes according to the tentative schedule shown in Table 1.
|Period||Vessel type||Application deadline||Comments|
|Week 30-32, 2016||ARINA ARCTICA||01 May 2016||Plan|
TERMS AND PRECONDITIONS:
- Applicant must be a registered member of Isaaffik.
- Each application must be evaluated and approved by applicant's own institution before submittal to Isaaffik. See list of local logistics coordinators at: http://www.isaaffik.org/isaaffik-contact-info.
- Approved projects must be registered in Isaaffik.
Treatment of requests:
- Permission for traffic and stay in Northeast Greenland (NEG) is given by the Government of Greenland after consultation with the Chief Constable of Greenland and Joint Arctic Command. Permission is granted only with the agreement of these two authorities.
Applications for travel permits must be received by the Government of Greenland at least 12 weeks before the anticipated start of the trip.
Ship transportation of cargo:
- Applications are evaluated relative to free container space on the annual commercial supply vessel relative to the Joint Arctic Command's own needs.
- Payment according to current price.
ISAAFFIK APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Applicant login to www.Isaaffik.org and follow this application workflow
- The Isaaffik Secretariat registers applications in Table 2 below.
- Any questions about the application process should be forwarded to the Isaaffik Secretariat (email@example.com)
|Appl. No||Date of appl.||Applicant name (PI) & e-mail link||Institution name||Project title & link to appl.||Appl. type||No of persons||Cargo (kg)||Volume (m3)||Priority||Status|
|1||08 MAR 2016||PS Mikkelsen||NANOK||NANOK container DNB||Logistics||1 ea 20 ft container||2||Accept|
|2||28 APR 2016||JA Bojesen-Koefoed||GEUS||Fieldwork and coredrilling in Northeast Greenland 2017||Logistics||4 ea 20 ft container||1||Accept|