Lisa Winberg von Friesen
Lisa Winberg von Friesen email@example.com
Almbacksgatan 11a +46 723 654 658
211 54 Malmö Female, 26 years old
My core interest lies in the interface between the marine ecosystem and anthropogenic pressures on the ocean and more specific to understand how multiple stressors, such as increased temperature and pollution, impact the resilience of Arctic marine ecosystems and the potential consequences on system structure and function it can bring.
2016-2018 Master of Science (MSc) in Aquatic Ecology. Faculty of Science, Lund University, 120 ECTS
Title of master thesis: “Anthropogenic micro litter in Svalbard waters. Development of novel extraction methods, determination of distribution and investigation of potential sources”. 60 ECTS
Supervisors: Maria Granberg, (IVL, Swedish Environmental Research Institute) Martin Hassellöv (University of Gothenburg) and Geir Wing Gabrielsen (Norwegian Polar Institute)
2016-2018 Master of Science (MSc) in Biology. Faculty of Science, University of Gothenburg, 120 ECTS
2013-2016 Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology. Faculty of Science, Lund University, 180 ECTS.
Title of bachelor thesis: “Feeding on debris – first evidence of anthropogenic micro debris down to 10 μm in the gastrointestinal tract of Alburnus alburnus in River Helge å”. 15 ECTS.
Supervisor: Anders Nilsson (Lund University)
2017 Master course at the University Centre in Svalbard. Longyearbyen, Norway. 10 ECTS
2016 Exchange semester at the Arctic University of Norway. Tromsø, Norway. 30 ECTS
2015 Bachelor course at the University of Iceland. Akureyri, Iceland. 6 ECTS
Work experience and employments
2018- Junior researcher and consultant. IVL, the Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. (Ongoing: analyses of anthropogenic micro litter in the Arctic marine environment, sewage treatment plants and industries. Development of small-scale aquaponics)
2017 Research assistant. DTU Aqua (Technical University of Denmark) & Lund University. (5 months. Investigation of the invasive capacity of the round goby (Neogobius melanostomus) in Öresund. Experiments within behaviour, pigmentation, respirometry and competition)
2017 Project participant. Sweden Water Research/Sydvatten. (6 months. Project compiling a knowledge base for direction of future research about lake Bolmen)
2015 Research assistant. Lund University, Department of Biology, Biodiversity. (4 months.
Investigation of possible hybridization between Brassica napus and Brassica rapa)
2014 – 2015 Supplemental instructor. Lund University, Faculty of Science. (6 months. Weekly study group leader for new students at the Department of Biology)
2014 Field assistant. Lund University, Department of Biology, Biodiversity, Plant Ecology and Systematics. (1 month. Investigation of how soil treatment affects microbial activity, species distribution and carbon sequestration)
2016 Research assistant and intern. Lund University. Department of Biology, Aquatic Ecology. (2 months. Investigation of the evolution of genital divergence between Littorina obtusata and Littorina fabalis through reproductive character displacement and reinforcement)
2015 Internship in marine monitoring. Municipality of Helsingborg, Department of Environment. (3 months. Survey of soft and hard bottom benthos for analysis of long-term structural and functional community changes (SE: kustkontrollprogrammet) & sampling of biota for analysis of environmental pollutants)
2014 Internship and field assistant. Lund University, Department of Biology, Evolutionary Ecology. (3 months. Investigation of sexual selection, dimorphisms and thermoregulation of damselflies)
2017 MOSJ, Environmental Monitoring of Svalbard and Jan Mayen, with R/V Lance.
(2 weeks. Sampling of anthropogenic micro litter in sediment, benthic fauna, sea water and sea ice. West and North of Svalbard: Kongsfjorden, Hausgarten, Rijpfjorden, marginal ice zone)
Conferences and presentations
2018 Lunch seminar at the Department of Bioscience, Aarhus University.
2018 Invited speaker to the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists during the Polar week. Stockholm, Sweden.
2018 Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) 28th annual meeting. Poster presentation. Rome, Italy.
2018 Arctic Frontiers Student Forum. Arctic University Cities: Innovation for Sustainable Development. Tromsø, Norway.
- von Friesen, L., Magnusson, K., Hassellöv, M. & Granberg, M. An optimated digestion protocol for the extraction of anthropogenic micro particles from biota - with a case study from the Norwegian Arctic. Manuscript (to be submitted 2018).
- Ericsson, P., Behrens, J., van Deurs, M., von Friesen, L., Sundelin, A., Brodin, T., Hirsch, P., Persson, A. & Nilsson, A. Animal personality and intra- & interspecific competition in the invasive round goby (Neogobius melanostomus). Manuscript (to be submitted 2018).
- von Friesen, L. & Håkansson, C. Inventering av grunda bottnar i Helsingborgs kommun 2015. Monitoring programme of shallow water fauna in coastal areas of Helsingborg municipality 2015. ISBN: 978-91-858-67-30-1. Miljöförvaltningen, Helsingborgs stad.
Received scholarships and awards
- Malmö stads jubileumsfond (2018)
- SETAC student award to attend SETAC 28th annual meeting (2018)
- Syngenta travel award to attend SETAC 28th annual meeting (2018)
- Sweden Water Research scholarship (2017-2018)
- Hans Wersens stipendiefond (2016)
- Lunds stads jubileumsfond (2016)
- Oehlenschläger-Tegnérska stipendiefonderna (2016)
- Ludvig Stensbergs premiefond (2016)
Licenses and certificates
- Laboratory Animal Science (LAS) for fish as a research animal
- Emergency First Response: CPR and first aid
- Diving certificate: PADI Rescue Diver (dry suit 30 m) & diving against debris
- Driver’s license for car (B)
Other competences and volunteer experiences
- Languages: Swedish (native), English (fluent), Scandinavian languages (good understanding), Spanish (basic)
- Educated in Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Very good knowledge of MacOS and Windows, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Good knowledge in Primer-E and SPSS and basic knowledge in ArcGIS
- Working experience on smaller boats as well as research vessels in offshore waters
- Participant in the integration of immigrants-program DuoStockholm
- Worker during the official elections in Sweden (national governmental and to the European Union), 2014 & 2018
- Volunteer in several environmental-related events such as People’s climate march (Klimathoppet, 2015), Naturskyddsföreningens clothes swapping days Malmö (2015-2016), dive clean-up of Lysekil harbour (2017)