Mads Peter Heide-Jørgensen
Curriculum vitae for Mads Peter Heide-Jørgensen, Prof., Dr. Scient.
Greenland Institute of Natural Resources
c/o Greenland Representation
Strandgade 91, 2
DK-1401 Copenhagen K
Phone: +45 32833827, Cell phone in Denmark: +45 40257943
• Cand.scient. (M.Sc.) in biology from University of Copenhagen in 1986.
• Dr. Scient. (D.Sc.) from Faculty of Natural Science, University of Copenhagen in 1996.
• Affiliated Professor at the Natural History Museum of Denmark, University of Copenhagen from 1 October 2013
• Research Professor at the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources from 1 October 2013
• Senior Scientist at the Greenland Institute of Natural Resources since 1996.
• From 1 January 2000 through June 2004 working as a visiting scientist at the National Marine Mammal Laboratory in Seattle, USA.
• Senior Scientist at the Greenland Fisheries Research Institute from 1990 to 1996.
• Scientist at the Greenland Fisheries Research Institute from 1988 to 1990.
• Consultant in Danbiu ApS from 1986 to 1988.
• The Scientific Working Group in Joint Commission for the Conservation and Management of Narwhal and Beluga,
• The Scientific Committee of the North Atlantic Marine Mammal Commission
• The Scientific Committee of the International Whaling Commission.
Fields of interests:
• Ecology of whales in Greenland
• Methods for satellite tracking of whales
• Abundance estimation of whale populations
• Climate change and its impacts on the West Greenland ecosystem and the cetacean populations
Teaching and supervising:
• Various undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral courses in marine biology and Arctic biology at the Universities of Copenhagen and Odense
• Supervision of Master of Science students; Pia Barner Neve, Outi Tervo, Eva Garde, Rikke Guldborg Hansen, Nynne Hjort Nielsen, Mads Schultz, Laia Agusti, Silje Rekdal, Stine Deepika Chistiansen, Barbara Eva Laesser, Natasja Corfixen, Louise Mørch
• Supervision of PhD students; Kristin Laidre, Malene Simon, Eva Garde, Edda Magnusdottir, Nynne Hjort Nielsen
• External examinator at M.Sc. examinations at the Universities of Copenhagen and Odense
• Opponent at Ph.D. theses; Kjell Nilssen, University of Tromsø in 1995 and Ian Gjertz, University of Oslo in 2001.
• Post. docs: Kristin Laidre funded by National Science Foundation, Outi Tervo funded by the Danish Research Council, and Corinne Pomerleau funded by Weston Garfield Postdoctoral Award.
• Associate editor of Animal Conservation
More than 200 scientific publications in peer reviewed international journals since 1982.