UFFE JAKOBSEN, Ph.D. (Political Science): CV
Arctic Politics Research Group, Department of Political Science, University of Copenhagen
Østre Farimagsgade 5, DK-1353 Copenhagen
Telephone: +45 35 32 34 04, Mobile: +45 52 53 34 04, Email: UJ@ifs.ku.dk,
Job experience (recent)
2016-present: Affiliate Professor (adjungeret professor), Ilisimatusarfik (University of Greenland)
2013-present: Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Copenhagen
2010-2013: Vice Rector, Ilisimatusarfik/University of Greenland
Research projects (recent)
• 2015-present: MARPART - Maritime Preparedness and International Partnership in the High North (headed by Odd Jarl Borch, Nord University, Bodø) - www.marpart.no. Responsible for the Greenland part of the project on behalf of Ilisimatusarfik/University of Greenland.
• 2014-present: Greenland Perspective (headed by Minik Rosing, University of Copenhagen) – www.greenlandperspective.dk. PI for the theme package 'Nation Innovation – Exploring Society'.
• 2010-2013, European conceptual histories: parliament and parliamentarism (headed by Pasi Ihalainen, University of Jyväskylä) - https://www.berghahnbooks.com/series.php?pg=euro_conc.
• Bæredygtige statsinstitutioner i Grønland? Polarforskningskonferencen 2015: Vidensbidrag til bæredygtig erhvervsudvikling i Grønland, Aalborg Universitet, 3. dec. 2015.
• Self-determination, Inuit Sovereignty and Nation-State Building in the Arctic: Making Greenland Understandable. MatchPoints 2015: Security and Governance in a Globalized Arctic, Aarhus University, 13 Nov. 2015.
• Transnational cooperation and volunteers as alternatives/supplements to existing Search and Rescue and Oil Spill Response organization in Greenland. MatchPoints 2015: Security and Governance in a Globalised Arctic, Aarhus University, 13 Nov. 2015.
• Multilevel democracy in complex societies: The entanglement of indigenous and modern values in the struggle for parliamentary democracy in Greenland. 18th Annual Conference of the History of Concepts Group, West University of Timisoara, 17 Sep. 2015.
• Climate Change and Risk Management Challenges in the Arctic, European Consortium for Political Research, ECPR General Conference, Université de Montréal, 26-29 August 2015.
• Ensuring Maritime Stability, Security and International Collaboration in a Changing Arctic: From Strategy to Implementation in Denmark/Greenland. Oceans Policy Research Institute & Sasakawa Peace Foundation Workshop, Tokyo Hotel Imperial, 16 July 2015.
• Making Greenland understandable: Indigenous rights, Asian interests and independence from Denmark. Workshop on Arctic Nexus in Asian-Nordic+ Relations, University of Aalborg, 7 Nov. 2014.
• Climate change, Asian interests in the Arctic and Developments in Greenland. NOPSA XVII. Nordic Political Science Association Conference, University of Gothenburg, 12 Aug. 2014.
• Politics of Sustainability in the Arctic (POSUSA). International Conference of Arctic Social Sciences (ICASS) VIII, University of Northern British Columbia, 24 May 2014.
• Democratizing democracy. On the flexibility of the concept of democracy. 7th ECPR General Conference, University of Bordeaux, 6 Sep. 2013.
• Climate Change and Society: Arctic Shipping Routes, Asian Interests and Governance Issues in Greenland, 1st China - Nordic Arctic Cooperation Symposium", Polar Research Institute of China (PRIC), Shanghai, 4-7 June 2013.
• China and Greenland. Conference on "China's Arctic Aspirations", ThinkChina.dk, University of Copenhagen, 17 April 2013.
Teaching experience (recent)
• ”New threats in the Arctic: Climate change and security risk management of maritime activity in the Arctic”, University of Copenhagen.
• “Climate change, Asian interests in the Arctic and developments in Greenland”. Summer School, University of Copenhagen.
• “Climate change, Asia and the Arctic”, Ilisimatusarfik /University of Greenland, Nuuk.
• “Natural resources and geopolitics in the Arctic”, Danish Institute for Studies Abroad (DIS), Copenhagen.