Washburns Hus  is a former scientific station, located on the north-east side of Hesteskoen, about 6 km south west of Mestersvig Flyveplads. Washburns Hus is well suited for overnight stay or as temporary base camp for 1-4 persons. Visitors are welcome to use the hut. The hut must always be left only in a good condition, meaning:
- Any damages repaired
- All doors and windows / shutters securely closed
- Floor nicely swept and cleaned
- Hut lamp filled and the glass removed
- Matchboxes with matches ready in opening
- Snow shovel secured and visible on the outside of the hut
- Never use all coal and fuel
- No garbage or open and smelling food in or near the hut
- Never leave any food opened. The smell attracts polar bears, and nobody else will eat it anyway
Note: Due to possible damage by polar bears the present condition of the station is unknown.
You are welcome to contact Nanok, if you need further information. Nanok would appreciate any report from your stay.
Number in brackets [ ] refer to hut number in PS Mikkelsen: North-East Greenland 1908-60. The Trapper Era. The Scott Polar Research Institute (2008).